London has a reputation for being an expensive city, but you don't have to spend hundreds to have a good time. We've put together a guide to give you a rough idea of the costs of a hen do in London. With our help, you can choose the right activities, nightlife and accommodation for your group, based on what you want to spend. No matter what your budget, Europe’s largest capital city will prove to be the perfect destination for an unforgettable hen weekend.
Budget: Less than £140
Whether you're on a budget or not, London is one of the most exciting cities in the world. Accommodation can soak up the largest portion of the budget so we suggest opting for a private dorm room in a hostel to keep costs down. There are loads of low-cost activities and affordable restaurants to choose from - select activities which take advantage of the free attractions, choose restaurants with set menus and avoid getting caught out on the night by pre paying for drinks.
- Dorm bed and continental breakfast: £34-£57 (like Smart Hyde Park and The Generator)
- Daily travel card (zones 1-2): £6.80
- Market-stall lunch: £4-£7
- Daytime activities: £13-£25 (like walking treasure hunts, self-driven private boat hire with BYO booze, afternoon tea, pizza making or cocktail making with a meal)
- Two course meal: £15-£22
- Bar entry with booth hire and a drinks package: £16
- Money for the drinks kitty: £30
Mid-range: Less than £200
A slightly healthier budget will open your options to most of the experiences we offer in London, which means you'll be able to plan the perfect hen do for your group with ease. We'd still recommend sharing rooms, but for more comfort twin up in hotel rooms. A mid-range budget will also allow you to book a unique activity or upgrade your restaurant choice. It’s simply a case of choosing the brides favourites.
Additional options to choose from:
- Twin or triple rooms in a hotel: £40-£62 (like Travelodge and The Thistle)
- Special London activities with great views of the city: £36-£42 (like Champagne at the top of The Shard, London Eye or lunch cruising along The Thames
- Shopping at one of London's well-known markets: £5-50
- Three course meal: £22-£45
- Evening entertainment: £19-26 (like burlesque show, salsa dancing or karaoke in private rooms)
- Extra money for the drinks kitty: £20
- Shared Uber ride back to your accommodation: £5
A high-end budget allows you free rein to indulge in some of our more extravagant London experiences. With luxurious 5* hotels, award-winning restaurants and impressive experiences to choose from, you'll be spoiled for choice. A generous budget will also secure a VIP area and a premium drinks package at one of the city's biggest clubs, so you and your group can celebrate in style.
Additional options to choose from:
- Double room in a hotel with full English breakfast: £91-£150 (like The Thistle and The Grange)
- Share Uber rides everywhere: £15-25
- Tickets to a West End show: £50-£150
- Activities to enhance the weekend: £14-£74 (like Champagne tasting, bottomless brunch, cookery workshop, spa and treatments with Champagne)
- Shopping: unlimited
- Themed meal or fine dining: £44-£120
- Extra money for the drinks kitty: unlimited
- Black cab ride back to your accommodation: £20
How to avoid going over budget?
Plan in advance, otherwise you could find that expenses start to stack up. And that’s where we step in. Organise your hen do with us, and you'll book tried and tested activities, nightlife, meals and accommodation all in one place. Get accurate prices instantly and pay in instalments, which means no surprise costs on the day. If people have different budgets they can ask their event manager to opt them in or out of the activities.
If you're worried about your hen do budget, then we can talk you through the possible options available and work out what parts are essential and where you can save some cash. So, you can just relax, have fun and enjoy the weekend, knowing that you've already paid.
Check out hundreds of London hen do ideas to create the perfect package for your group.